Thursday 12 June 2014

Love you, Love you not

One morning
When I wake up
I might realize
That I never loved you
But the poet in you
For I love the way
You read me like a book
And write about me
Lines after lines
Day after day
That I became
Both the Narcissus
And the cold crystalline Lake
Falling in love
With myself
And my own reflections in you

So my love
Keep writing
Keep writing about me
With your lips
That I won't stop
Loving you with my heart

In Greek mythologyNarcissus (/nɑrˈsɪsəs/Greek:ΝάρκισσοςNarkissos) was a hunter from the territory of Thespiae in Boeotia who was renowned for his beauty. He was the son of a river god namedCephissus and a nymph named Liriope.[1] He was exceptionally proud of what he did to those who loved him. Nemesis noticed and attracted Narcissus to a pool, wherein he saw his reflection and fell in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Unable to leave the beauty of his reflection, Narcissus died. Narcissus is the origin of the term narcissism, a fixation with oneself.

2 comments:

  1. Still an Uncertain subject for the whole world :) Great work..
    You may give a glyph about Narcissus for those who don't know him.. (just a suggestion, nothing serious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion; posted the same. :)

    ReplyDelete